I woke up yesterday morning with the sudden desire to bake. We had a few over-ripe bananas left from the Riverford delivery (read more about Riverford here) – so I decided to put them to use in a delicious banana loaf.
What you’ll need:
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of plain flour.
What to do:
1) Preheat the oven to 170°C. With a wooden spoon, mix the butter and mashed banana in a large mixing bowl.
2) Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla.
3) Sprinkle the baking powder and salt over the mixture and mix in.
4) Add the flour and mix together.
5) Pour the mixture into a loaf tin and bake for 1 hour. (I didn’t have a loaf tin, but the mixture rose quite nicely in a ceramic square dish)